Pellet stove motor getting very hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank1981

Jan 11, 2016
West Virginia
I bought a used Englander 25-pdvc/55shp10. I replaced convection blower,vacuum switches an 1 auger motor. Stove is running good an no error codes come up but left side of stove around exhaust blower is getting very hot an it's making the hopper get real hot inside. Is this normal or do I have some thing wrong. Any advice would be appriciated.

Is the baffle plate inside the fire box centered on the back wall?

The left side as you are facing the stove will be hotter than the right. My pellets do get warm inside the hopper on that side as well.. but never hot enough to worry about anything.

Ok. Thank you. I've had a wood stove in this garage for 8 years now an we jus recently went to pellet stove. In jus not up on how everything works an what is normal. I appriciate your feedback.

Just got home and checked mine for ya just to give you an idea.. took readings from the top surface.. about 90 degrees warmer on the left side.

I placed a floor fan on that side of the stove for that exact issue. Much
better now and the hopper stays cooler.

Do you use a magnetic stove thermometer to do that? I don't have one. Was jus wandering what is best to buy. I know Harbor Freight sells a thermometer gun or whatever u call it.

Do you use a magnetic stove thermometer to do that? I don't have one. Was jus wandering what is best to buy. I know Harbor Freight sells a thermometer gun or whatever u call it.

I picked up a cheap IR thermometer the other day..

Ok. I wasn't sure what they called them. I've had it running for 3 hours now an it's running strong. Only 25 degree here now. Side an top left really hot but gunna keep it running an see what happens. I'm gunna get a thermometer for it an see jus what kinda heat is on the stove. Thanks for all your help. Really appriciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.