Pellet stove insert exhaust problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rog K

Jan 27, 2019
SW Colorado
Hello
I live at 8000 feet and have an EPI-25 insert. It has a long run up the chimney for the exhaust, is there a more powerful exhaust fan motor I could install to make it breathe better? I also have the air setting turned all the way up.

Being your first post, Welcome!! Not sure about the EPI-25 exhaust outlet size. Is it 3" or 4"? Being an insert there should be only 1-90 degree bend, correct? Exhaust goes all the way to the top of the chimney, I assume.

Yes the outlet is 3" but is immediately adapted tom 4" then into a 90 degree elbow then flex pipe to the top. I talked to Englander customer service and they told me how to increase the fresh air to the fire and i have it turned all the way up. It burns much better now but the glass gets smoked up in a day or so. So it is still a little rich. I thought a stronger exhaust fan might help.

what are the lower 3 button settings are they set to? If you opt for a larger motor be cautious on the amp draw the replacement motor has. englander control board design is about maxed out at 1.2 amp.per circuit. so stay below that on a replacement. and it must be speed control friendly shaded pole.