Pellet insert into prefab fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cgrite

Oct 29, 2020
Eureka, Missouri
B235A512-090F-4B8D-BD5E-4F45DE5EDFC8.jpeg

Hey y’all, I’ve been trying to find a pellet insert that will fit into my pre-existing prefab fireplace. I called a place in town and sent measurements and they said they did not have anything that would fit. Does any of you fine folks know a brand or insert model that may fit into this fireplace. We are just tired of losing all our heat out the chimney and want something more efficient. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: TWilk117
Making one fit is a bit of work but worth it in the end, are the ones they checked for you smaller or larger?

Making one fit is a bit of work but worth it in the end, are the ones they checked for you smaller or larger?
I think they didn’t have anything small enough to fit the firebox. I was in construction most of my early life so I’m pretty handy with stuff. I just need to find one small enough to fit in my firebox. Thanks.

Reactions: Washed-Up
I have the Quadrafire Castile insert. I think it and the Santa Fe are some of the smaller dimension units out there.

What dimensions is your opening?

I have the Quadrafire Castile insert. I think it and the Santa Fe are some of the smaller dimension units out there.

What dimensions is your opening?
Sorry, just now seen you replied. 28” wide by 18” tall and 16” deep. It’s 22” wide in the back due to the taper. Thanks for your reply. I will check out the insert you listed.

Sorry, just now seen you replied. 28” wide by 18” tall and 16” deep. It’s 22” wide in the back due to the taper. Thanks for your reply. I will check out the insert you listed.
What make and model fireplace is it? Does it allow an insert?

you may have to remove the wood insert to get a true measurement. i have never seen a pellet insert with a 18 in height.

you may have to remove the wood insert to get a true measurement. i have never seen a pellet insert with a 18 in height.
It is not an insert it is a fireplace. If you remove it you will be left with a wood framed chase.

OK my bad. looks like one i removed from my daughters double wide. left lots of room to put in a quad castile insert .

OK my bad. looks like one i removed from my daughters double wide. left lots of room to put in a quad castile insert .
Yes a castile can also be installed as a built-in unit to replace a fireplace. Most inserts cannot do that. An insert generally needs to be inserted into a fireplace