Pellet feed in GFI55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletPirate

Oct 11, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY
I have been burning my GFI55 for over 5 years. I have noticed this year that its not burning pellets as fast as it was in previous years. A good measure was that I needed to fill up the stove before I went to bed around midnight for it to keep going until 7am on setting 4. Now I can fill it up around 9/10pm and its fine in the morning. From what I have read the trim feed is only used on the low setting. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Could it be with my auger not pushing out enough pellets?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Have you changed pellet brands? Have pellet size changed in this batch of pellets? Longer pellets feed slower ...

I am burning smaller pellets (Okie Platinum). I have the trim setting on 3 now. From what I was reading that it does not matter what the setting is on except if you are burning on low.

What have your outside temperatures been like? I know we are warmer than normal and my pellet usage is down because of it.

How well is it maintaining temperatures inside the house? Are you using a thermostat?

Status
Not open for further replies.