PE Summit Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

kell17

Hearth Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Seacoast, NH
Greetings. I am getting pretty close to buying a PE Summit, but I talked with an installer/mason yesterday who said he sees the Pacific Energy stoves going through a lot of gaskets, firebricks, and baffles -- he said every two to three years I'll be replacing something.

This was the first I have heard of this -- and -- other than the welding issues from one guy -- the reputation of PE seems pretty good.

Can anyone with a PE stove confirm or deny these problems?

For what its worth, this guy personally owns an Avalon, and he he thinks those stoves are better for lower maintenance costs and longevity.

My house is 2600 sq ft, two story. I currently have a Hearthstone Homestead, and I am looking for something bigger. I'd like the firebox size to be near 3 cubic feet. So far I've looked at the Jotul Rockland, Avalon Olympic, and the PE Summit. Any other stoves I should be looking at???

Thanks!

Gasser

Hearthstone Homestead

No, not those issues you listed, but you should do a search of the Hearth.com for tons of reading on summit's.

But first go here, as it may be of interest to you as it is more than "one guy" but not just summit's > https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/42141/ this may or may not be current manufacturing issue, but possibly an issue from some summits from a cpl yrs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.