PE introduces the LE2 line

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
PE now lists the new LE2 line of woodstoves on their website. The new models are all based on the smaller 1.4 (Vista) and 1.6 cu ft (Neo) fireboxes. The LE2 models qualify for the 30% tax credit and are still non-catalytic stoves. They use a unique flue gas agitation system to acheive the 75% HHV requirement.

Reactions: Todd and Itslay90
PE now lists the new LE2 line of woodstoves on their website. The new models are all based on the smaller 1.4 (Vista) and 1.6 cu ft (Neo) fireboxes. The LE2 models qualify for the 30% tax credit and are still non-catalytic stoves. They use a unique flue gas agitation system to acheive the 75% HHV requirement.
They need to make a le2 to the summit Le, and the t5

Is this a similar idea as the turbulator of Joyful? --> autocorrect.... Jotul

Seems simple enough in construction to be robust.

Good that further development is done.

Is this a similar idea as the turbulator of Joyful? --> autocorrect.... Jotul

Seems simple enough in construction to be robust.

Good that further development is done.
Looks different than Jotul’s turbulator. Some kind of combustion management system that runs off a battery or ac? Maybe a better EBT? It’s nice the hit the 75% mark without a cat.

Reactions: Itslay90
Yes, I saw the battery box but wasn't sure (without reading more) what that is for.

I don't like a stove that depends on electricity.
I presume it doesn't have moving parts in the exhaust pathway....? Then what is the power for ..?

The flue gas agitator is passive and at the flue exit. The secondary air supply is actively regulated. I've been waiting for the new documentation on this so that the information is correct. It does have battery backup that's good for 5-7 days I believe. The stove should still function without power, but I don't know what the static state of this regulator is when unpowered. Hopefully, PE will update documentation on this soon.

Reactions: Todd and stoveliker
Ah,.okay. That's good; a passive mechanism for good combustion.

The secondary air regulated makes some sense. But based on what? Is there an O2 sensor..? We all know that those are prone to give trouble in dirty combustion (as a wood stove is).
Apparently the draft itself is not good enough a driver for secondary air to reach as complete a combustion as is possible with active regulation..

Reactions: Itslay90