PE Fusion update -- happy wood burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

CO2Neutral

Hearth Supporter
Mar 12, 2009
PEI Canada
Just thought I'd say how happy we are with the new stove. We've had it since last April and the past two weeks with -15C temperatures (-25 with wind chill) the fusion really showed it's strength. We heat 100% by the wood stove and now that we started using our hard wood supply (sugar maple, some white birch, yellow birch) I'm happy to report that we're getting 12 hour burns (stovetop is 220F at the end of the burn). With softwood (poplar) I can still get an overnight burn and we use a lot of our softwood during the day, milder days, etc. East West loading is IMHO a requirement for these burn times though. If I hide a nice round piece East/West in the back of the stove and then do a mix of E/W and N/S on top I get amazing results (thanks to previous members for pointing that out).

There's understandably quite a bit of controversy in what constitutes an overnight burn but if I have 2 lbs of coals in the box and the house is still 68F and I can chuck some splits and they light in 10 seconds than I'd say it's still burning.

Stove finish (stainless steel) is holding up perfectly and there are no heat stress or other issues that some forum members were anticipating I might have. The wood storage chamber is a great feature and I use it every time I load up. Hearth would be messy without it and I'm glad it's a feature. As for the look of the thing -- we still love it and I'm glad we went with the unconventional Fusion design. It runs like a champ (never blasts us out of the room with the big heat shields) but yet I can boild water no problem with the huge flat cooktop surface as well.

Happy burnin' and I'm glad we're finally in the loooooooong burn club.

I think its a nice looking stove, I like the contemporary look, Im surprised more companies dont have more contemporary designs, seems to be a European thing.

I started a thread a few months back about how sweet and awesome my Spectrum Classic is. It was sent to the Ash Can in very short order. The mods here hate PEs. Even the one that owns a PE.

weatherguy said:
I think its a nice looking stove, I like the contemporary look, Im surprised more companies dont have more contemporary designs, seems to be a European thing.

I wonder the same thing, but as I hear from a lot of people, "A stove should look like a stove."

Bigg_Redd said:
I started a thread a few months back about how sweet and awesome my Spectrum Classic is. It was sent to the Ash Can in very short order. The mods here hate PEs. Even the one that owns a PE.

Lots of good stoves out there and they all burn wood. Some better than others though....lol.

I'll do a burn-off with anyone (except blaze king and any large-marge stoves like the equinox) and let the longer burner prevail! Booyah!

- Peace

Bigg_Redd said:
The mods here hate PEs. Even the one that owns a PE.

It's not that they hate PE -- it's just that they PREFER splitting more wood.

I'm not to keen on the looks of the Fusion, but I like the Classic and T-5 looks. That PE medium size fire box has a good rep as a long burner for a non cat stove. I'd like to take you up on that burn off, I think I'd take you by a couple hours.

Oops, I meant woodstocks also. All bets are officially off -- and I'd hate to be beat by such a dolly princess of a stove...

I like the look of the fusion to, If i had a big kitchen i would love to have a fusion sitting right in there, I'am thinking of putting a smaller second stove in the front part of my house, I will have to go with a smaller stove, I like the looks of the smaller pe stoves to. mayde this spring if things go good.

“We probably wouldn't worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.”
Lots of folks have strong opinions about how a stove looks. And that's all they are.

Good to hear that the stove is treating you well CO2neutral. It's got a strong heritage behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.