PE door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
I think mine finally compressed. Is this a special size and shape that only a dealer can provide? Oh, stove is a T5.

How old is the stove? My SIL's is a couple years old, and it seems like the door shuts a little easier this year..
I always get OEM gaskets. They may cost a little more, but then you know you have the right size, density, composition etc..

I was trying to figure out the age of it. I'm thinking 5 to 7 years old. I really don't know, lol.

I try to avoid my local PE dealer. The guy didn't know his product when I was there, I liked the guy a hour away...

I was trying to figure out the age of it. I'm thinking 5 to 7 years old. I really don't know, lol.

I try to avoid my local PE dealer. The guy didn't know his product when I was there, I liked the guy a hour away...
PE door gaskets are not the same as aftermarket gaskets. Get an oem replacement. If you don't want to go to your dealer, try online.

I think mine is getting there too. 5th year burning with it, but at this point I'd keep it on until next year.

Any chance you could post a pic of the condition of yours? Just would like an idea of what I should be looking for...

OEM it is!
Wow, that ain't cheap, is it?
I'd call the local guy and get his price..
chance you could post a pic of the condition of yours? Just would like an idea of what I should be looking for...
I wouldn't think the gasket would be subject to a lot of wear, sealing against the flat stove face..not like a knife-edge gasket would be.

Ours lasted almost 8 yrs. Then it started to get a little leaky. I tried 2 aftermarket gaskets with bad results. Put in a factory gasket and it was perfect.

My stove is at the cabin, so I cant get a pic now. It really doesnt look bad. I figured it might have become compressed a bit. I had relubed the latch and the door closed better, I'm hoping that's it. Time will tell.

Reactions: Woody5506