PC-45 2 ton update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Watcher1

Burning Hunk
Sep 11, 2014
Ironton WI
So, I have read many times on here of how great the Harmons are. My PC-45 I bought home with the intent of burning corn, that never worked out so I am burning pellets. Uncle Jed's they are soft wood. I started the 2nd ton on November 13th and that ton was done sometime last night, today is Dec. 10th. I should go around the house and take pictures of our thermometers they all read 70degrees. no more sweat shirts and blankets LOL. House is home built log cabin 28x40 stove is in the basement so heating 2400sqft. I put the old magnum 3500 in my shop it is burning corn down there an doing ok. Just posting, very impressed, wish I had switched years ago. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Reactions: DAKSY and jp99
Once you own a Harman , it’s hard to go back to anything else ... I’m heating a 1400 sq foot ranch built in 1956 and it has a lot of windows (big sliders in living room/ kitchen) with a 52i .. it’ll keep the place at 75 even when it’s below zero with ease

Glad to hear stove is keeping up. The PC45 seems to be very finicky with straight corn. Have to have some pellets mixed with it. I serviced a 45 a couple weeks ago and spent a bunch of time on it. It would light great on straight corn but once igniter went out the fire would get pushed to the end and go out even on a very low feed. I think corn needs a top feed so the new fuel is getting placed on top of coals as opposed to getting pushed up against them.