pb105 harman boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stroker

Oct 15, 2015
Rhodes Mi
Having problems will boiler not lighting and maintaining heat settings once lit manually, last spring toward end of heating season boiler would not lite it self ,replaced igniter still no go, tested igniter still good ,talked to dealer they said my control panel was most likely bad ,ordered new panel same problem, Lite in manually heats up ,set top heat at 155 heats to 180 wont shut down ,keeps feeding pellet every few seconds. When trying to start it cold igniter wont turn on ,following instructions in manual ,boiler is a 2007 manf. date stove no problems till last spring ,dealer us baffled ,they talked to Harman I set all my setting on panel to what they said.
has anyone else run into this problem? any ideas ?

Does that unit have a thermistor? What makes it call for heat and shut down? The problem is somewhere in the loop of where it calls for heat and shuts down possibly.

dealer thinks it might be my aquastat on top of boiler now , picking up tester saturday from dealer to scan control board , going to look in that direction now thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.