Palazzetti Ecofire Help, Parts & Service Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Phil Do's fire.

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2012
Hyde Park, NY
I post this every year for Palazzetti Ecofire Prima owners. I have igniters and pellet feed motors in stock direct from Italy. I also have a full printed or PDF version of the factory service manual with bulletins in print or PDF form. Have a problem Please email me for advice and fixes. My Ecofire just passed 26,000 hours and is still going strong!

I post this every year for Palazzetti Ecofire Prima owners. I have igniters and pellet feed motors in stock direct from Italy. I also have a full printed or PDF version of the factory service manual with bulletins in print or PDF form. Have a problem Please email me for advice and fixes. My Ecofire just passed 26,000 hours and is still going strong!
Hello, I have have a Prima and it won’t run. Keep getting “low exh pressure” ? When I hold in the on button it goes through the “Final cleaning” with no problems pushing out the exhaust. Not sure where to start? Thanks for any help
Allen

Hello Allen, The low exhaust pressure is usually caused by one off three things. The top lid Not sealing tight. Is the gasket good? The top lid roller switch is out of adjustment. The front doors gasket or lower ash door gasket is worn out. Phil

Hello Allen, The low exhaust pressure is usually caused by one off three things. The top lid Not sealing tight. Is the gasket good? The top lid roller switch is out of adjustment. The front doors gasket or lower ash door gasket is worn out. Phil

thanks for the quick response. I have checked all the gaskets and they look sound. This stove only has about 500 hours on it. Bought a floor model at a stove place with no warranty. Didn’t know something that looks so well built would be such a lemon lol. I’m thinking about replacing the combustion motor while I have it by my workbench. When I try and run the stove and get the “low exh pressure” code, I hold the on button and it goes through the “final cleaning” stage and the exhaust seems to run full force out the vent pipe. Any recommendations where to find compatible motors for this? I noticed that the crossflow blower wasn’t working either. Motor is spent. I’ve exhausted trying to find any help from Palazzettti and the maker of the parts (Trial). I’m going to try and locate another manufacturer for that part.
You seem to be the only person that doesn’t speak Italian that even knows what a Ecofire Prima is lol. Thank you so much !!!!!!
Allen

Hi alan, the problem is most likely the little switch where you fill up the hopper. It's just under the door at the rear they come loose and go out of adjustment. It's a roller ball switch check it out it needs to go click when the door is closed all the way down. You can get a cross flow blower that is a hair smaller but works fine. A Piazzetta will do. There are two options on piazzetta's get the measurements and take get the smaller one . This also a guy in the Midwest that has the piazzetta blowers. East coast hearth is the cheapest. The floor models were the test units that dealers got at no charge. They were not supposed to be retailed. Mine now has over 28,000 hours on it, it wasn't a floor model and except for a one blower and auger motor, been great! Phil

Hi alan, the problem is most likely the little switch where you fill up the hopper. It's just under the door at the rear they come loose and go out of adjustment. It's a roller ball switch check it out it needs to go click when the door is closed all the way down. You can get a cross flow blower that is a hair smaller but works fine. A Piazzetta will do. There are two options on piazzetta's get the measurements and take get the smaller one . This also a guy in the Midwest that has the piazzetta blowers. East coast hearth is the cheapest. The floor models were the test units that dealers got at no charge. They were not supposed to be retailed. Mine now has over 28,000 hours on it, it wasn't a floor model and except for a one blower and auger motor, been great! Phil

Thanks Phil, your a life saver. I did know about the ball switch under the hopper lid. I know it does compress and will double check to see if it’s fully depressed when closed. Also, thanks for the info on the blower replacement.
Really appreciate all the help you’ve given me.
Thanks again,
Albe

Im
Also having trouble with low exhaust pressure. Happen to know if the ceramic exhaust pipe should have gaskets on them, seems to be missing.

Im
Also having trouble with low exhaust pressure. Happen to know if the ceramic exhaust pipe should have gaskets on them, seems to be missing.
Hi Mperry - I believe the problem to the Low exhaust pressure error is an ash blockage at the clear sensor tube (located on the right side)
To fix this you need to remove the clear tube and blow out the tube with pressured air. Also make sure to clear out the connection fitting where the tube connects at the bottom. I hope this helps.

I'm interested in a igniter for my palazzetti Ecofire Prima. Let me know how I can order one.

Hello,
wondering if you can help, I have a palazzetti eco idris 14kw that has been throwing the error 'smoke temp alarm' and also 'water temp alarm' - it started with just the smoke temp alarm but now it also shows the water temp alarm. The errors come up very randomly, the boiler can be running for a few hours before it throws a fault?
Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,
wondering if you can help, I have a palazzetti eco idris 14kw that has been throwing the error 'smoke temp alarm' and also 'water temp alarm' - it started with just the smoke temp alarm but now it also shows the water temp alarm. The errors come up very randomly, the boiler can be running for a few hours before it throws a fault?
Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Hello,

The smoke temp is the primary issue. Water temp alarm will set as a secondary fault. You will need to investigate why the smoke temp is too high. Most likely causes,

1. A partially clog of the exhaust airflow to the piping. The smoke chamber in the stove is an issue with these stoves. The only way to really clean is with compressed air. Blow in from exhaust fan opening out the side of stove, do not blow directly into the fan.

2. How is the exhaust piping? Any restrictions there? Clean thoroughly.

3. Worn out exhaust fan -combustion fan.

Please email me any other questions, my email is in several Palazzetti posts her in Hearth.com

Please get back to me if resolve the issue. Thank you!

Phil

Hey there, came across one of your posts where you mentionned you have spare parts and instruction manual. Could you send me a copy of the instruction manual PDF? Also could you quote me for an igniter, circulation fan and sealing rope for the ash tray? Thanks