Paint for walls near stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth96

Burning Hunk
Feb 8, 2014
SW Ohio
What kind of paint is recommended for back/side walls near a freestanding wood stove? Oil, acrylic, latex, other? I'll be using type X drywall, and the stove will be just outside the min recommended clearance to combustibles.

Also, what do you all think of putting a coat of this paint on the 2x4 studs before I do the drywall. Not necessary I know, but any reason not to?

It really shouldn't matter. If the wall is getting hot enough to affect the paint, you have bigger issues to deal with.

What kind of paint is recommended for back/side walls near a freestanding wood stove?

there is a good product to develop! Insulation or fireretarding paint?

on a quick google search,,,there is already some out there. Don't get the stuff that expands when exposed to heat!

I have the stove within 6" of painted, textured drywall. Nothing special was done for the paint, regular semi gloss interior latex, and it has not shown any effects from the location. It all looks the same, some stupid pink color that the wife uses some fancy name to describe. Tope, or mauv or something like that.

Interior house paint. No reason at all to bother with painting inside the wall...waste of time & paint.

Add another who says no need to paint inside the wall, no special paint needed either.

It really shouldn't matter. If the wall is getting hot enough to affect the paint, you have bigger issues to deal with.
+1000 to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.