Packed the woodshed for next season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Today my son was home sick from school and between checking in on him I decided to load the wood shed awhile. The wood is a mixture of seasoned and mostly seasoned sassafras, cherry, white & green ash, silver maple and hickory. The shed holds 21/2 cords of wood, and I still need to move the rest of my supply closer to the shed for next season and will wait until fall to move any onto the deck to be used for any burying snows next winter may bring. Just thought I would share. A house down the street is for sale, and the owner had 4 huge maple taken down as well as 2 pine that I have permission to take. Half is already bucked. Be well.

Packed the woodshed for next season

Looking good. Nice to be ready for next burn season eh?
Will the neighbors wood be another years supply?
Nice shed ;)

Nice job Backwoods, getting it before the neighbor does.

zap

Bogy- I have quite a bit more for next year and 2013/14 started, but with this load down the way, it should just about do it. Rather than bucking my lands stuff, I have been having more luck picking up what people want rid of. Be well

Zap, your my neighbor, you just happen to be 5 hrs north. Bucked about 3 cords at the cabin@ pa/ ny border of a ton of blow down stuff. Been keeping busy, quit smoking a week and a half ago, so ol lady locked up the chainsaw. Be well... Ps love the processing you have been doing... Yes, I've been lurking

That looks great. You are ahead of the game my friend. I hope your son gets well soon.

Aint that the truth brother, hey we teach them to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.