Pacific Energy T6 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
How do you like your T6? Do you have any problems with it? How many sq. ft are you heating? What burn times can I expect with a full firebox of oak? 10 hours before refilling? Longer? Thanks!

House is 3300 sq ft ~ 8 sliding glass doors and a ton of other glass, large volume living room and sun room - it can heat this home when temps are upper 20's or higher. The blower is necessary for our situation. 3 larger pieces of locust put in about 5:30 PM last evening and there were enough coals remaining to restart this morning, 12 hours later, with a couple pieces of kindling. Stove was warm, not hot. We enjoy the flexibility of the iron cladded stove as it resides in our kitchen/family room.

Problems - only a few minor issues which essentially I take care of myself - as IMHO the warranty is poorly supported by dealers and PE. If considering a purchase, I would only suggest that you consider your dealer's proximity, history and reliability as warranty service must be provided by the dealer first - who then must submit that to PE for their reimbursement. This is probably true for all stoves but I am not 100% sure of that statement.

The T6 is heating 2000 sq ft of a 1924 farmhouse with far too much glass and somewhat spotty insulation. We get 10-12 hr burn time on a full load of doug fir during above freezing weather. During colder weather we get 8-10 hr burn time burning locust, cherry and madrona. The house loses heat pretty quickly via windows so the stove is pushed harder during colder weather. This keeps the house around 72-74º in the core and a bit cooler at the extremities. The stove has been in service for 9 yrs here and one season burning on the showroom floor at the dealer. It's been super reliable and predictable in operation and the heat is remarkably even. Our dealer experience has been the opposite of Madison's, but we are fortunate in having Tom Oyen @thechimneysweep as our dealer. Unfortunately dealer support and knowledge does vary a lot with most any stove brand.

The two issues I have had have been too much boost air for our draft and door gasket replacement. The original T6 and Summits had the EBT supplying air via the boost air manifold. This caused too intense burning in our stove when fully loaded with doug fir. I sealed the EBT air inlet and this stopped the problem. PE since has completely changed the EBT design and relocated it to the secondary supply. This is a good move. The door gasket issue was my learning experience and not the fault of the stove. I tried using basic Rutland gasket and it too soft and leaked air too much. Then I tried Meeco gold and that was too stiff, also leaking air in spite of a tight seal. After that experiment I got the OEM gasket from Tom and the stove ran like new again. Moral of the story is use the OEM door gasket.

There's a review of the stove here:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pacific-energy-alderlea-t6-review-part-1.14885/

Last edited:
I have a Progress Hybrid and a T6 and love both stoves. I have used the T6 for about 7 years and have had zero trouble with it. I have replaced gaskets and fan motors, simple maintenance. The house is 5,000 sq ft and I heat about 4,000. This stove will really kick the heat out and I highly recommend the fan. I also like how simple it is to operate. We get 8 hour burning times with Colorado Soft Woods...

Great stove!