Pacific Energy T6 baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How do you know, have you removed the baffle? If not, assume it is there, just not visible. The white insulation material is on the sides of the baffle box.

I don’t have a gasket on my baffle, but I think I have a newer variant of the T6. Or is the baffle the white insulation material?
What year did you buy your T6?

shows in the parts list in the manual

#1 BAFFLE KIT ....................................... SUMB.BAFKIT

I didnt see it listed seperatly in t6 manual

If its the same as a super 27
Baffle gasket part# SSER.1395

Reactions: Newburnerwisconsin
Is it difficult to remove the baffle in this stove? What about the ash system. Is there any gaskets in the ash system? Thanks

No it's not to hard. It may be awkward the first time as you pull the pin and tip one side up higher to get it out past the brick rails.

This year, and I did remove it. Didn’t see a gasket and the parts list doesn’t reference one
How do you like your new T6? Any problems? What type of wood re you burning? His are your burn times? Thanks

How do you like your new T6? Any problems? What type of wood re you burning? His are your burn times? Thanks

I have mixed feelings, but my install is far from ideal. It’s crammed in an alcove made from an old wood fireplace. And I’m still new to wood burning.

Wood is mix of oak and ash and whatever else the local tree guy delivered. I’ve split and measured everything before it goes it the stove. It’s all been <20%.

Pros: no problems having coals after 8 hours for relight. 10 is a stretch but I’ve had enough coals to get kindling going. No trouble heating the place, accidentally got up to 80. Cold days with 9 hours between reloads is a stretch to keep the house steady, but I don’t think that’s a fault of the stove.

Cons: I have difficultly managing burn times. If I get home at 6PM and want to be in bed at 10PM, getting it rekindled and still be able to get a full load in just before bed is tricky. If I wake up at 5 with a bed of coals, leave for work at 8, and want to be home at 6... it’s not been easy for me to figure out.

I think if I was retired or had a less time consuming job, I’d love it. But with the time pressures at work, I think catalytic would have been better for me to help manage the burn times and output.

All in all I think the cons have more to do with me than the stove.

I have a Summit that will give me 8-12 hours burn time, that's not saying it's putting out full heat for that long, but I have coals to work with that will make for an easy start in the AM. My only beef with the Summit is the baffle, just not a fan, it warps and will develop cracks over time. PE replaced it under warranty, time will tell if it lasts.
What type of wood are you burning? Thanks

Ash and Cherry. Ash has been dead for 10 years or so, Cherry was CSS a year and a half ago.

I don’t have a gasket on my baffle, but I think I have a newer variant of the T6. Or is the baffle the white insulation material?
So, there is not a baffle gasket in the new T6 stoves?

So, there is not a baffle gasket in the new T6 stoves?
It's still showing in the documentation parts illustration under "Baffle Kit"
Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 1.25.58 PM.png

It's still showing in the documentation parts illustration under "Baffle Kit"
View attachment 234846

I just received a new baffle under warranty for my PE Summit, the gasket has changed and now runs the full width of the baffle with the rectangular cut out. Much easier to keep in place when reinstalling the baffle.

Last edited:
Yes, same with the Summit insert I believe. Not sure about the new Alderlea. I haven't looked at a new T6 for a few years.

It's not highly visible and usually turns to dust on removal of the baffle.