Pacific Energy neo 2.5 wood stove review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That does sound a lot louder than mine . I usually have the t.v on and don't really notice it too much on start up , more on cool down. Funny I never gave too much thought about it because were heating the stove up from 60 f to 700 f so there is going to be a fair amount of expansion. I'm on my 3rd year of heating almost every evening from oct to april and am impressed with this stove. I will video mine sometime this week and put it up so you can compare.
Ok thanks. The cool down is more annoying I agree. It pings for hours. Sometimes 6 hours. My parents have a pacific energy different model and it doesn’t make any noises so it’s strange. Seems like it’s the stove top doing it now that I fixed the baffle issues.

I can't seem to upload a video of my stove on start up but it sounds exactly like yours. Once it reaches 700f on the stove top and the flue is around 600f most of the expansion is done and it finally quiets down. I usually have the tv on when i start it up , but yeah its pretty loud when the house is quiet.

I can't seem to upload a video of my stove on start up but it sounds exactly like yours. Once it reaches 700f on the stove top and the flue is around 600f most of the expansion is done and it finally quiets down. I usually have the tv on when i start it up , but yeah its pretty loud when the house is quiet.
Ok thanks. I can hear mine over the TV and even when it’s up to temp and running for hours and I add wood it sometimes does it again. Either way I’m not very happy with it. Thanks for replying back it helps to talk to someone with the same stove.