Pacific Energy Fp30 Remote Heat Temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

1d9n7r8

Nov 26, 2021
Indiana
In the process of installing the FP30. We are looking at the kits for the remote heat. Is it me or is B vent overkill for the ducting of the remote heat? Does anyone have an idea of what the temps are out of there remote ducts? Thanks

If they specify B-vent, then that is what must be used.

In the process of installing the FP30. We are looking at the kits for the remote heat. Is it me or is B vent overkill for the ducting of the remote heat? Does anyone have an idea of what the temps are out of there remote ducts? Thanks
Not unreasonable at all. If you think about it, you are pulling air from around the firebox and there is always the chance someone leaves the blower on while reloading or rearranging logs while it’s burning and a spark /ember gets sucked up through the pipe. I’ve had our remote kit on a different brand pumping out 150 degree air at the vent location before which means the air entering closer to the beginning of the vent is probably a decent temp hotter. Our model didn’t specify B vent but I kind of wish I had used it.