Pacific Energy 27 Plate under baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

breinen

Hearth Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Southern Wis
There is a plate with holes in it under the baffle at the rear of the stove. It is burned out. My parts book does not show it. Parts dealer does not know what I am talking about. New stove at store does not have one. What is it, do I need it

What PE stove model and age? Pictures are welcome and helpful.

What PE stove model and age? Pictures are welcome and helpful.
It is a Pacific Energy super classic 27 LE The plate has 8 holes 5/8 inch. The owner is dead and i bought it from the estate sale. I think he said about four years old. Local dealer is not much help because I did not buy the unit from him. Stove looks same as the one on his floor but does not have the plate below the baffle in the rear. I dont have equipment to post pictures Thanks in advance, Bart

A basic cell phone picture will help. Otherwise it's hard to comment, especially if this is a non-stock item.