P43 noises

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thepaulmc

Jan 2, 2012
Pocono Mountains, PA
My P43 makes like a clinking sound ( Maybe the pellets dropping ) and every now and then a clunk sound... Normal or not?

Stove is only a couple of weeks old.

My P43 makes like a clinking sound ( Maybe the pellets dropping ) and every now and then a clunk sound... Normal or not?

Stove is only a couple of weeks old.
The clinking is when the gate opens up and pellets fall into the feed chamber. Some Harman owners call it the Harman tinkle The clunk sound is most likely a longer pellet being cut when the gate closes. All normal sounds. Enjoy your new stove I love my P43.

You soon won't notice those normal sounds except maybe the occasional long pellet that gets snapped.