P43 motor or fan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ohio P43

Hearth Supporter
I have a noise coming from my ventilation motor? How can I be sure if it's the motor or the fan? I have a P43...2009 model.

P43 motor or fan?

Put some light oil in the bearings, motor side of both ends of the shaft

Reactions: SciGuy
This brings up a good point. The Harman room blower motors are sealed as in picture. No way to lube that I can see, Any suggestions ??

Reactions: Washed-Up
should be a dust cap in the circled are the other end you will have to take the squirrel cage and housing off to oilP43 motor or fan?

should be a dust cap in the circled are the other end you will have to take the squirrel cage and housing off to oilView attachment 272659
Exactly and while you have it apart, blow the dust out of it. None of the bearings on any unit are 'sealed' Bearings have a dust seal and you can remove it with a pointed tool like a scriber and oil the bearings and replace the seal. Companies that build the motors won't go to the added expense of using hermetically sealed bearings because of the expense. They are pretty costly.

Exactly and while you have it apart, blow the dust out of it. None of the bearings on any unit are 'sealed' Bearings have a dust seal and you can remove it with a pointed tool like a scriber and oil the bearings and replace the seal. Companies that build the motors won't go to the added expense of using hermetically sealed bearings because of the expense. They are pretty costly.

Any recommendations for lube on the room blower..??

Last edited: