P43 Gone Haywire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kherr

Sep 25, 2012
Nampa, Idaho
Came home tonight and fired up my P43. Burn Pot overflowed and it appears I am missing some air into the stove. After some investigation, something doesn't look right. It is still cooling down, but where the pipe attaches to the back of the stove inside, looks loose. Also looks as though air is maybe coming in around pipe. I don't really know what is supposed to be here, or what the pipe is for, maybe air for the glass? Anyway, is there a gasket or something for this area? Thoughts please. Kent
P43 Gone Haywire

Tube feeds air to air wash below door glass. Hard to tell in your picture but flange may be loose. I'd seal under it with red high temperature RTV and tighten bolts.

Yes, both flanges on both ends were loose. I tightened them, but the tube still moves. Stove is running again, but I still think it has a small leak. Behind the flange is a small o-ring looking seal. As mentioned, should I use the RTV, or is there a gasket or something I am supposed to use? Thanks.