P43 distribution blower cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The more dust on the impeller the louder it will become. I cleaned mine for the first time after 5 years. I tag team the furnace and pellet stove and the furnace has a top of the line air cleaner in it so the house is pretty dust free. It was a little dirty but not a lot.
YMMV Ron

Each house is different. long haired cats and dogs can require cleaning every other year. A pet free clean home maybe every 10 yrs. Mine has been cleaned 1 time since 2003. best way to clean is remove 2 bolts holding it to stove and swing it out where you can get to it. then remove ring and loosen set screw to remove squirrel cage. Wash it out in kitchen sink with sprayer and reassemble

Ok thanks guys,someone told me it should be cleaned every year,this is my third season of burning.never cleaned it.

A mechanic's mirror appropriately placed might give you a better look at the insides of the squirrel cage to see how loaded up it is. I've seen them so full of kitty hair, dust bunnies, etc that it was hard to imagine any air flow what so ever. So at least take a good look.

Hugh

I have a post recently about replacing mine. It lasted 7 years with zero attention. Moving forward I will probably suck out the cat and dog hair. I did not have very much stuck in the cage, even with animals that shed more than usual. As for cleaning I pull my stove away from the wall once a year for a good cleaning and will do it then, allowing the extra room. I can't imagine there would be an easier way than this but someone may know.