Oval direct connect piping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackfre

Burning Hunk
Oct 3, 2011
N CA
I managed to get a guy to bring a trailer and take away the old Earth Stove insert. The installer of that appliance, I think, used dynamite to remove the the old damper section in this old fireplace. The old insert was piped properly with a full length ss oval liner. Kinda surprised me, but happy to see that. Anyway, I am going to put the Encore in front of the fireplace, rear outlet, and need to find out the source for an adapter from the Encore to the ss oval pipe. The outside dimension on that pipe is 5X10.5-11". Any ideas on sources for the material I need.

This is one of those jobs that can either be a snap or absolutely drive you crazy with false starts. Guess which I think it will be...well, unless one you fine folks can set me up with right lead;)

I presume you have tried direct to the flue collar. Mine is about ten/eleven inches across. I can't get back there to measure the smaller dimension.

If you can't make a direct connection, perhaps a standard oval to round connector would work. Mine is about 17" long. Cut it at the length that matches the dimensions of the flue.

Well, I wrote the question prior to actually going to pick up the Encore today. I did pick it up at about 3:30pm today. The dealer loaded the pallet onto my pu, i drove it home, carefully unloaded the unit. I know how to handle heavy loads and had the equipment and the people on hand to deal with it. Got the stove into the living room, cut the straps, lifted the box off and the entire unit is racked. The front top panel, both doors, glass and lower skirt of the enameled front unit are broken. Not chipped, fractured. The stove is no longer rectangular. Completely racked. It was after 5 pm by the time I discovered this so I'll be making a trip to the dealer tomorrow am. A real drag. it was a very pretty piece in the Sand enamel color. So it sits in the living room until the dealer gets here to inspect it.

To my original question I found that it is 8" Dura-liner. I think I could make the connection, but the Tee I was looking at is $240. I will try to make the connections with some single wall pipe. If that doesn't work I'll get some 16ga and weld up the necessary components. It is only for one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.