OUTSIDE CHIMNEY AND DRAW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sport20

May 2, 2020
newfoundland
hi guys
I am thinking about buying blazeking princess but the dealer told me if I had an outside chimney that the stove would not work right. I am planning on putting stove in my basement. I have 6" insulated chimney going through wall and approximately it goes up 21 feet past the eve of my house. do anyone have this type of setup.
TIA

hi guys
I am thinking about buying blazeking princess but the dealer told me if I had an outside chimney that the stove would not work right. I am planning on putting stove in my basement. I have 6" insulated chimney going through wall and approximately it goes up 21 feet past the eve of my house. do anyone have this type of setup.
TIA
sorry it is probably 3 feet past my eve. 21 feet in total

how far above the floor is the bottom of your wall penetration?

It's going to depend on room pressure in the basement. Is there a stove there currently and if so, how does it draft in milder weather? If you hold an incense stick in front of the wall thimble, is the smoke pulled up the flue? If yes, then it may work out ok.