Osburn 2400 update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dav1966

Nov 7, 2017
New Jersey
We finally got some cold weather to see what it would do here in Jersey its now 8 degrees with wind chill of -8 and the house is 78 degrees when I came home 7:30 threw in some kindling got it up to 450 throw in 3 small pieces of wood to get a nice coal bed thermometer at 350 still waiting for it to get down more to coals before I throw the regular size pieces of wood in it very please with this stove. Over night we are supposed to have a low of -1 can’t wait to see what inside temp is when I come home after loading at 10:00 tonight

I have the Osburn 1800 insert and love it so far. With the temps in the single digits I can get my 2,000sq two story home around 70 downstairs and 67 upstairs. Hows the airflow on your blower? My 1800 is only a light breeze on full.

I have the Osburn 1800 insert and love it so far. With the temps in the single digits I can get my 2,000sq two story home around 70 downstairs and 67 upstairs. Hows the airflow on your blower? My 1800 is only a light breeze on full.
we don’t have a blower on ours it is in our living room and heat our upstairs I went with a larger stove then I really needed I can always build a small fire for a little heat but if stove was to small couldn’t build a bigger fire plus older farm house so not all that tight