Osburn 2400 Air Inlet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJW113

Feb 1, 2015
Tennessee
My husband and I are considering buying an Osburn 2400 and had a question for other owners of this stove. According to a salesperson today, there is an air inlet tube inside the burn chamber in the front of the stove, just beneath the lower lip of the door. I have tried to find a reference to this in the owners manual and cannot find any reference to this. If this is so, the Osburn 2400 would have a 3 point air introduction into the burn chamber - the air wash system, the secondary air tubes above, and the lower air tube at the lower lip of the door. Can anyone help that is aware of this?

What's the concern with this? This setup is similar to other stoves on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.