osburn 2000 vs f2400 woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

carlan

Nov 4, 2018
Atlantic Canada
Hey everyone I am new to this site and so far its been very helpful. I will be purching a new stove this week sometime and im debating between osburn 2000 and regency f2400. It is going to be a basement install in a room that is 26*13. The sqft of the basement is 1250 and the same for upstairs.The basement is not wide open and the stairs leading upstairs is just outside the this room.about 15 feet away from the stove and hoping to get some heat upstairs without cutting vents because of codes that wont allow it here. I will be getting a blower and possibly using some small fans to move the heat upstairs. Im guessing i will overheat theroom that the stove will be going in but i want a stove big enough to heat the upstairs aswell. This has been a hard decision for awhile now not knowing what to do haha. Any advice or tips would be very important to me in making a decision whether to get a stove or not. Thanks