Osburn 2000 Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stubby042

Jan 7, 2022
East Coast
We recently got a Osburn 2000 installed in our fireplace. Generally speaking - it works good except for the blower. We were told that the blower would turn on when the stove got hot. It did that for a while, and then it would normally turn on if we propped the door open a bit. We would then close the door and it would shut off.

Now, it does not seem to be turning on at all, even when the box is hot (surface temp >400 F). Is there an easy way to disable the thermal switch so it is manually controlled?

On my free standing osburn 3300 the blower has a switch to control blower speed and the blower plugs into the Thermodisk.all I would have to do is unplug it from the disk and plug it into the wall.hope this helps

On mine, it only plugs into the wall. There is a rheostat if with a "off" position and a "on" that is variable in speed (i.e. max to min), but only when the temp is allegedly warm enough for it to turn on.

Still on warranty?phone sbi or send them an email they are great with customer support.

I know I have to get mine hot before the fan starts up.

You could just bypass the temp switch...that's what I did...well, didn't bypass it, just wired in a switch to make it come on...if I leave that off and it gets up to temp, the blower will still come on...which speaking of, if the Osburn 2000 is like my Drolet 1400i (same parent company) the factory on/off switch action is delayed if too much ashes is left to build up in the area where the switch is...which is the left front below the door...if that is where yours is, try keeping that area clean...

I have a drole 1800i. Similar inserts I think.

Two thoughts.
Yes you can bypas the Theo switch with a jumper wire and the appropriate insulated connectors and wire.

Second make sure your blower is tight and the thermo switch is touching the insert frame. I had to use a screw to help wedge my blower to the frame.

Osburn 2000 Blower

You could just bypass the temp switch...that's what I did...well, didn't bypass it, just wired in a switch to make it come on...if I leave that off and it gets up to temp, the blower will still come on...which speaking of, if the Osburn 2000 is like my Drolet 1400i (same parent company) the factory on/off switch action is delayed if too much ashes is left to build up in the area where the switch is...which is the left front below the door...if that is where yours is, try keeping that area clean...
Thanks... Is the probe / switch inside the box, or outside? I presume you are saying it is inside on the left?

I have a drole 1800i. Similar inserts I think.

Two thoughts.
Yes you can bypas the Theo switch with a jumper wire and the appropriate insulated connectors and wire.

Second make sure your blower is tight and the thermo switch is touching the insert frame. I had to use a screw to help wedge my blower to the frame.

View attachment 289353
Thanks for the tips, I'll take a closer look at it.