Osborn Stratford

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cyake

Jan 17, 2021
Manitou
I have a question/concern I was hoping the group could help out. I have an Osborn Stratford stove. The stove has 2 air movement systems. The small fan built into the back of the stove and a larger forced air kit fan which moves air through duct work 20feet. The forced air kit if u are familiar has a high and low fan speed which are set at certain temperatures. Ie low fan kicks in at 125. High kicks in at 220. This is based on a temperature reading on the stove, not a thermostat on the wall. In my set up. Now my question is the fan does not seem to want to kick into high speed sometimes. Sometimes! Sometimes it does. Even when the stove is very hot. Anyone else ever experience this. If so how did you fix or trouble shoot the problem.

Could be that the thermostatic snap switch is making poor contact with the fireplace body or that it is starting to fail.

I think I have figured the pc board must be having issues. Next question. Do you think I can run the forced air kit with just direct power. Basically bypass the pc board and have the fan run on high all the time. It would be on an on off switch still obviously.

Could be that the thermostatic snap switch is making poor contact with the fireplace body or that it is starting to fail.
I think it’s the pc board which controls when fan is in high or low. I posted below but u think I could bypass that pc board?