Osborn 2000 thermodisc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shwn2405

Mar 6, 2021
Indiana
Thinking about either running a two way switch or just moving the thermodisc actually on the stove. There is a 2-4 cm gap between the stove and the blower. Any suggestions? Thought about screwing a 45 degree bracket to tie is closer. Also, I have a ton of red cedar that will be seasoned next fall. I don't believe it produces much btu's, how do I identify good hard wood to burn? I have a lot of mixed wood, I just want to be able to identify it. Is there a trick or easy way to learn? Thanks guys, just a beginner

The thermodisc should be attached to the back of the stove.

Hmm, that's an odd one. The manual shows it separately located.

On the insert the thermodisc appears to be setup to contact the front of the stove body. It is designed for direct contact.

It just doesn't want to sit flush, You push it towards the stove it will bounce back.

Attachments

• Osborn 2000 thermodisc
    Screenshot_20210317-090634.png
    804.3 KB · Views: 100
Yes I see now, though I think you meant 2-4mm. Centimeters was throwing me. IIRC the snap disc is held in place by screws through its tabs. Is that correct? If so, a washer or two could be used to shim it out until it just touches the stove body.

Yeah millimeters sorry about that, never thought about putting washers around it. Good thinking. But the only thing hold the disc in place is like a C clip. I'll try the washer thing and see if it works.