Optimum Chimney height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
Installing a Hase Tula this summer and meeting the minimum chimney requirements will be easy but concerned I actually won't have enough chimney to draw well.

It will be installed just off the midline of the house but that still only gives me less than 4' off the stove with double wall and would only need 6' of Class A but am planning on 8' but concerned even that will be enough.

Your thoughts?

Installing a Hase Tula this summer and meeting the minimum chimney requirements will be easy but concerned I actually won't have enough chimney to draw well.

It will be installed just off the midline of the house but that still only gives me less than 4' off the stove with double wall and would only need 6' of Class A but am planning on 8' but concerned even that will be enough.

Your thoughts?
What is the minimum chimney height required by the manufacturer?

Only 10' off the floor which seems insanely short.

The fact that you are using DSP will probably get you by just fine. A 10' total height with a DSP connector is effectively higher than a 10' height with a single wall connector. You could always add a couple feet if it still proves a problem.

The fact that you are using DSP will probably get you by just fine. A 10' total height with a DSP connector is effectively higher than a 10' height with a single wall connector. You could always add a couple feet if it still proves a problem.
Yeah would make a bit of a difference but on only a 4 foot connector pipe not much at all. If it was a longer connector I would agree completely.

My point being if it has a minimum of 10' with a single wall connector it should work for sure with DSP. Does the manual specify a connector?

I don't have access to a computer at the moment but need to use double wall for the clearance requirements.

Since the stove is over 4' tall, you could get by with only 6' of pipe and I'll have over 10' which should be good. I guess I'll find out this fall. [emoji16]