One for the EV truck fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I like the mid-sized form factor. FWIW the 2020 diesel Colorado is epa listed at 20 city/30 highway.
Ford appears to be working on the F150, but maybe not until 2022.

I’ve been getting unhappy stories about body and paint repair work, from the few I know with some of these newer aluminum bed and aluminum tailgate customers. Anyone else seeing the same? It seems most body shops are not equipped to work on them, or are learning this is the case, the hard way.

I’ve been getting unhappy stories about body and paint repair work, from the few I know with some of these newer aluminum bed and aluminum tailgate customers. Anyone else seeing the same? It seems most body shops are not equipped to work on them, or are learning this is the case, the hard way.

That’s been going on since Ford introduced aluminum hoods on the 1997 F150’s. Bodymen take courses but they can only get better with experience. They can work on 300 steel cars then this aluminum vehicle comes in to work on. Hard to get experience on few and far between vehicles. Quite a few OEM’s demand that a shop be “certified” to work on their vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Musk says the Tesla truck will debut in November. Not a lot of other details so far. It's unknown whether this is going to be a fancy, suburban showoff truck, or a tough and ready work truck.

Musk says a lot of things. A few of them even come true, in a reasonable timeframe.

Not knocking his ambition, it’s good to have ambition, but he seems to have a long history of making promises his engineers cannot possibly fulfill.

Last edited:
We'll see. They may make it for the debut. That's not the same as in production and purchasable.

Reactions: Ashful
He will do a lot better if oil infrastructure keeps getting bombed.

Amazon says it's putting in an order for 100,000 electric delivery vans. That should boost the market a little and supply some used vans in a few years that will make for some interesting campers.

Reactions: Ashful and SpaceBus
Amazon says it's putting in an order for 100,000 electric delivery vans. That should boost the market a little and supply some used vans in a few years that will make for some interesting campers.

Those vans will have lived hard lives, but I do agree with you. There are a lot of cool things you could do with an electric van.