Olympia insulated pass thru clearance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The insulated diameter of the pass-thru. The rough framing around it needs to be at least 13.75" x 13.75".

The insulated diameter of the pass-thru. The rough framing around it needs to be at least 13.75" x 13.75".
I have about a 16 inch diameter hole for the 8 inch pass thru. Just a layer of sheet rock between decorative masonary and chimney blocks. Was curious if I need to reach up in their with a pair of pliers and pull out another another couple of inches.

Olympia insulated pass thru clearance? Olympia insulated pass thru clearance?

I actually measured the flange it’s almost 15 1/8 inches. Rough wall opening dimension is 15.75x15.75 inches. First page says 2 inch air space between combustibles and then positioning thimble instructions say 1 inch air space. So I should probably pull a little extra since I’m probably not dead on center.

Are you going with the 6" thimble as recommended? If so, it looks like it should be ok. The sheetrock is the only combustible so clear that out completely from the hole.

If going with an 8" thimble then a 15.75" x 15.75" framed area is required.

Are you going with the 6" thimble as recommended? If so, it looks like it should be ok. The sheetrock is the only combustible so clear that out completely from the hole.

If going with an 8" thimble then a 15.75" x 15.75" framed area is required.
Do I need the 6 inch thimble? The stove is 7 inch pipe that converted to 8 inch single wall pipe that layed in the center section of that crock. The inner diameter of that crock or chimney tile is 7 3/4 inches so a 8 inch pipe lays flush against it. I have the 8 inch Olympia insulated wall thimble that I purchased in May that I assumed was the correct one.

Sorry, I missed that or had my threads crossed. 7" to 8" is fine. What stove is this for?