Old Man Winter going to be Early?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dataman

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2018
Newport, Wa
47f Outside and high of 70f today. Got pellets arriving on 1st Sep. Winterized Last Lawnmower (3 of them) and greased up Front End Loader and Plow On Tractor. Put Plow on Tractor instead of Bucket! Soon to be the Nasty White Stuff come October (last year it was Sep). Boy one of the quick disconnects was hard to connect up. Took Wife and I together to get it put on (snap on easy connect).

Just need to get 5 gallon can filled (Tractor 90% Full). Lay in some Injector Lube and put anti gel in Tractor. Get the Wife's Vehicle Insured (Oil Change Too). Last year was good Winter. But we only had about 14" Total on the Ground because of the Snow and Warmup Melts. Never did get the Ice Layer but once.

Old Man Winter going to be Early?Old Man Winter going to be Early?Old Man Winter going to be Early?Old Man Winter going to be Early?

Dataman You must be contagious just finished exercising the plow truck
changed the oil checked all other fluids needs one new pressure
hose (weather checked) pulled it and will get a new one Monday
Always do the plow the last week of August just in case it needs
something big. It is an old truck 2002 Gmc 2500

Reactions: Dataman
I think it's because of "Retired". Always trying to keep Busy. Tractor is ready for Wife to do the Plowing (She Does that I do Snowblower). She loves her John Deer 2032r we got her couple years ago. We tired Blackwards Snow Thrower. Even using Snowblower for driveway (1000ft). She got upgrade from old Mitsubishi MT18 to John Deer. We even tried backward plow. Backward is not fun! Plow on front with Hydraulics is Great!

Old Man Winter going to be Early?

47f Outside and high of 70f today. Got pellets arriving on 1st Sep. Winterized Last Lawnmower (3 of them) and greased up Front End Loader and Plow On Tractor. Put Plow on Tractor instead of Bucket! Soon to be the Nasty White Stuff come October (last year it was Sep). Boy one of the quick disconnects was hard to connect up. Took Wife and I together to get it put on (snap on easy connect).

Just need to get 5 gallon can filled (Tractor 90% Full). Lay in some Injector Lube and put anti gel in Tractor. Get the Wife's Vehicle Insured (Oil Change Too). Last year was good Winter. But we only had about 14" Total on the Ground because of the Snow and Warmup Melts. Never did get the Ice Layer but once.

View attachment 329164View attachment 329165View attachment 329166View attachment 329167
Do you have a pressure release button?
On my Bobcat there is a button to push or the quick connects can be impossible to hook up.
I have had to loosen the lines on the implements from time to time as the pressure can build in the closed system

It feels like winter may be coming "early" this year in the NW, but that is relative coming off of a strong El Niño cycle. Go back 20 yrs. and this may just be a normal winter compared to back then. Hard to say, stay tuned.