OK to use Windex on stove glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roospike said:
... and the Manual for PE stove dont say not to use it and has a lifetime Warranty on the glass so I guess I'll know one way or the other in 20 years .

Hey Spike,

Does your PE manual warn against burning dynomite??? If not, maybe that's ok, too. ;)

I heard a new one over the holidays.
A freind of mine said that they use automotive rubbing compound...
He said that it works great, and has not hurt the glass in 4 or 5 years of using it.
I am a little scepitcal though, and want to hear from all the experts before I try it.
What do you think???

treeman08 said:
I heard a new one over the holidays.
A freind of mine said that they use automotive rubbing compound...
He said that it works great, and has not hurt the glass in 4 or 5 years of using it.
I am a little scepitcal though, and want to hear from all the experts before I try it.
What do you think???

I wouldn't. There is a reflective compound (I think) coating the inside of the glass to reduce heat loss through it. If you do decide to use it, I'd skip the buffing wheel and just hand rub. ;)

Hey treeman, I've always had a fascination with Blaze King. I hope you'll do a write-up of your experiences with yours. Did you buy it new?

Mo Heat said:
Roospike said:
... and the Manual for PE stove dont say not to use it and has a lifetime Warranty on the glass so I guess I'll know one way or the other in 20 years .

Hey Spike,

Does your PE manual warn against burning dynomite??? If not, maybe that's ok, too. ;)

Well ................I dont call it "dynamite" I call it "fire starters" :lol:

Now i have both Moderators , "snipper BB" & treeman08 out of the brush picking on me and my Whorehouse Red stove......CRAIG! whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attachments

• bigcry.gif
    bigcry.gif
    234 bytes · Views: 205
Hey treeman, I’ve always had a fascination with Blaze King. I hope you’ll do a write-up of your experiences with yours. Did you buy it new?

Yes I did buy it new in October.
Yes I have been planning to write up a report, but have not had the time. Hopefully things will settledown now that the holidays are over...
The short repoprt is it works great... I am not saving signigicant amounts of wood over previous years with an old Fisher, but the electric furnace has kicked on one time since the stove was installed, and the house it 8 to 10 degrees warmer.

Last weekend I picked up a bottle of Imperial stove glass cleaner. Its a spray bottle with the pump top "spritzer" type. Anyone ever use this stuff?
I haven't yet. If the weather keeps as high as its been, I guess I'll be trying it out this weekend. Might even get the Hawg out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.