Ok Pen, Gamma, Dixie & everyone gimme recipies please lol

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Once again I am stuck recipie-less! We where going to have Easter dinner today but my grandmother in law went to the hospital so I am cooking and am exhausted ! Whatcha got everybody ?

Thanks
Pete

Err, at this point.... take out???? A quick trip to the supermarket for "Almost Home Made"?

Once again I am stuck recipie-less! We where going to have Easter dinner today but my grandmother in law went to the hospital so I am cooking and am exhausted ! Whatcha got everybody ?

Thanks
Pete
I hope your GMIL is ok Pete, the wife made ham with raisin sauce with mashed potatoes, for dessert she made Pineapple Lush Cake.
zap
Ok Pen, Gamma, Dixie & everyone gimme recipies please lol

I hope your GMIL is ok Pete, the wife made ham with raisin sauce with mashed potatoes, for dessert she made Pineapple Lush Cake.
zapView attachment 65053

Thanks zap she has stage 2 kidney failure but ok for know. She is 89 years old!

We ended up with chili because it was fast. Ground beef, kielbasa, corn, pinto beans and kidney beans with spices. Eileen I almost did go get a pre cooked chicken from the IGA but they where out. Thanks for the idea !
Papa Dave I totally missed your post some how lol sorry ! I acctually had some pasgetti too ugh. The left over biscuits went to strawberry shortcake thanks to your picture zap !

Thanks guys

Sounds like you guys made out fine. Hope grandma is doing ok.

pen

Sorry Pete about Grandma....I am a lil late but....
nothing easier than baking a ham with all the fixings...
I like my ham cold so I bake it the day before....with homemade potato salad, deviled eggs, steamed veggie medley, a tossed salad and fresh rolls. Oh yeah..how could I forget.........freaking kabossi....my fav.
For dessert, nut and poppyseed roll..Ok Pen, Gamma, Dixie & everyone gimme recipies please lol Ok Pen, Gamma, Dixie & everyone gimme recipies please lol

Thanks zap she has stage 2 kidney failure but ok for know. She is 89 years old!

We ended up with chili because it was fast. Ground beef, kielbasa, corn, pinto beans and kidney beans with spices. Eileen I almost did go get a pre cooked chicken from the IGA but they where out. Thanks for the idea !
Papa Dave I totally missed your post some how lol sorry ! I acctually had some pasgetti too ugh. The left over biscuits went to strawberry shortcake thanks to your picture zap !

Thanks guys

Whoa, you got IGA? I haven't seen one of those in a loooong time.
Chili sounds pretty good. Today though, it's bean soup. Go figure.
Hope grandma isn't there long. Even though she's old, it still ain't fun.

Nothing easier than Crockpot Ham. Dump 1 1/2 cup brown sugar in bottom of crock pot. Plop in 7-8 lb, bone-in ham (surgically altered to fit, if need be). Top ham with 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cook on low 8 hours. Surprisingly good. Hope your grandmother is up and about soon.

Yesterday's Easter ham dinner was to be the first holiday dinner cooked with wood on the new wood cook stove.

Since the remaining family is too old to drive, we opened the windows early in the day to cool the house off to be able to bring the oven up to temp for 4 hours without roasting us out. Went to pick them up, and got back to start the fire. My wife went downstairs to the extra fridge for the ham, and it was GONE ! Nothing else was moved or missing in the basement, so certainly no one took it....... a search in the chest freezer located the frozen solid pig chunk. She had brought it in with other things a few days ago, and thought she put the ham in the fridge.
I went out and eyed up the hens that no longer lay...........

We had boneless chicken breast with canned gravy. The stove did great.

Reactions: Gary_602z and pen
Thanks gamma better late than never lol. Btw you made me hungry for poppyseed rolls mmmmm!

Jeff we we still have a few around here though not any where near as many as we used to. She may be old but she is still strong minded which is a good thing. Stubborn I say stubborn and I hope she stays that way too !

Hollow I think I am gonna try that this weekend sounds delicious holiday or no.

Coaly I am glad you got to cook after all that preparation ! It would have been a shame to do all the work just to eat pizza lol. What ever happened to the hens ?

Pete

What ever happened to the hens ?

They convinced me the two I had in mind are egg layers and not meat birds. I never butchered an egg layer type for meat, so couldn't argue that one. Probably taste like chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.