Ok i gave in, In go the Barefoots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
cleaned out the hopper and loaded the barefoots now lets see what all the hype is about :)

oldmountvernon said:
cleaned out the hopper and loaded the barefoots now lets see what all the hype is about :)

I'm running Barefoots right now :) Super bone-chilling cold and windy outside....78.7 degrees inside! I think you'll like them....of course I liked 'em better when they were only 229.00/ton! :bug:

Trebio's not cutting it? I'll be over to pick em up later today! :cheese:

Geez, Whata you ganna do when it really gets cold??????~~??????~~?????

You guys and your Barefoots, Cubex, Okies, Turmans, Etc...... Spoiled! ;-P

Come to Ohio..... just sayin :lol:

DexterDay said:

Somersets ain't no slouch! If I ever pass through will do a meet and pellet swap. I'll bring 3 or 4 bags of each and I bet your Somersets run right along with our big dogs! ;-)Specially what your paying for them. $249+ up here! Cheaper if the boxstore has them but they never do in my area!

DexterDay said:

Ohio....the land of cheap Somersets! :) You're spoiled too ;-)

Branson4720 said:
DexterDay said:

Maybe a little spoiled. If you guys say there that good. I'll believe you...... They are Cheap ;-P

Jay- Absolutely.

DexterDay said:
Branson4720 said:
DexterDay said:

Maybe a little spoiled. If you guys say there that good. I'll believe you...... They are Cheap ;-P

Jay- Absolutely.
I have put my Somersets up against every fuel in the arsenal.....they have held their own ,NO problemo! :) Well....except for the DF's in the arsenal, that's a different breed altogether. ;-)

DexterDay said:

Thought u were pickin up sum canadian softwoods today???

Now hurry up!

j-takeman said:

im not gonna say they arent cutting it but seeing the high forecasted for today was 28 degrees i figured it would be a good day to test them out

Im on the wagon now, WOW are they HOT i might have to say hotter then Oakies BUT they sure disappear quick from the hopper same with oakies

now to watch the house temps and see how they are effected, upstairs etc

would love to try a bag of somersets

smoke show said:
DexterDay said:

Now hurry up!

My Buddies Wife and Kid are Sick and I am still a little under the weather from yesterday. Add that into the small time window we had to do it. Plus its actually Winter here in Ohio. Has been snowing for 2 days straight. Might try during the week. If not, then next weekend. Its about an 1.5 hr drive. ;-P

Im definitely gonna hit them up. Finally got permission to buy some more pellets. With my room in the basement full and 1 Bay of my 3 car gargae taken up, Its hard to get Mama to agree that we need more (Want more/not Need). :lol:

DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay said:

Now hurry up!

My Buddies Wife and Kid are Sick and I am still a little under the weather from yesterday. Add that into the small time window we had to do it. Plus its actually Winter here in Ohio. Has been snowing for 2 days straight. Might try during the week. If not, then next weekend. Its about an 1.5 hr drive. ;-P

Im definitely gonna hit them up. Finally got permission to buy some more pellets. With my room in the basement full and 1 Bay of my 3 car gargae taken up, Its hard to get Mama to agree that we need more (Want more/not Need). :lol:

No..............you NEED more! :lol: BTW....what are these Canadian softies on your hit list??

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:

im not gonna say they arent cutting it but seeing the high forecasted for today was 28 degrees i figured it would be a good day to test them out

Im on the wagon now, WOW are they HOT i might have to say hotter then Oakies BUT they sure disappear quick from the hopper same with oakies

Here's proof, Cranked it up so I can do my Sunday cleaning. 75ºF with a 1.5º swing and some extra rise from the stove cooling down(blower on high). Temp touched 77ºF in here and I am literally sweating!

24ºF and windy out roasty toasty in! With blahhh pellets even!

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Ok i gave in, In go the Barefoots
    feb_12 temp.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 354
Branson4720 said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay said:

Now hurry up!

No..............you NEED more! :lol: BTW....what are these Canadian softies on your hit list??

Northern Lights. I never tried them, but they are 60 bag skids and lets say they are Way less than $200 a ton, but more than $100 a ton.

Having never tried them... For that cost, even if I use them in the shoulder seasons, it would be worth it. Guy has 5 skids of them or 300 bags (6 ton)

Not much here on the Forums about them (couple hits on a search). Has anyone tried them?

j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:

Here's proof, Cranked it up so I can do my Sunday cleaning. 75ºF with a 1.5º swing and some extra rise from the stove cooling down(blower on high). Temp touched 77ºF in here and I am literally sweating!

but what is your sqft? and how open is your floor plan my first floor is pretty much wide open other then the stair case in the middle so its quite a large area without any confinement with 10 good size windows, sliding door Big front door with cathedral ceiling in that area and a huge window up there

OMV's place:

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Ok i gave in, In go the Barefoots
    mansions-villas-22.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 354
DexterDay said:
Branson4720 said:
DexterDay said:
smoke show said:
DexterDay said:

Now hurry up!

Northern Lights. I never tried them, but they are 60 bag skids and lets say they are Way less than $200 a ton, but more than $100 a ton.

Having never tried them... For that cost, even if I use them in the shoulder seasons, it would be worth it. Guy has 5 skids of them or 300 bags (6 ton)

Not much here on the Forums about them (couple hits on a search). Has anyone tried them?

OK Jay.....enlighten us on Northern Lights! ;-) Inquiring minds......

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:

but what is your sqft? and how open is your floor plan my first floor is pretty much wide open other then the stair case in the middle so its quite a large area without any confinement with 10 good size windows, sliding door Big front door with cathedral ceiling in that area and a huge window up there

Stoves in the basement of a raised ranch. Not so open floor plan and near 2K sqft(1974 sqft). Heat is ducted upstairs with the basement at 67ºF still heating both floors. But upstairs is warmer. Took almost 12 years to get this right! Stove is never higher than medium setting even in the extreme cold. Cruised thru -20ºF last season. This chit isn't even cold man, Just a little teaze tis all!

Seriously, I know you love your Mt. V. But! ;-)

smoke show said:
OMV's place:

that has to be your place. If it was mine those lounge chairs would be all taken by women

J your gonna force me to buy a m55 just to try, knock it off!

Status
Not open for further replies.