OK HOGWILDZ... FESS UP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrodsky

Hearth Supporter
Jan 19, 2006
Millbrook, NY
Ummm I was over perusing "BurningIssues.com" and the "Neanderthal" reference is really suspicious here... I suspect Oliver may not be who he says he is :lol:

-Colin

Gagging

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:05 pm Post subject: Smoking Us out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The better half and I are at wits end !
We quitely live next to a pair of wood burning Neanderthals, You know the type: Large hairy arms, sleaveless flannel shirts, drive a pickup that has not seen an emisions test in 30 years.
Any how they show up home like clockwork at 4:30, Finish thier "driving home 6-pack" while lounging against thier pickup, then it's in they go to fire up the stove. the 1st hour or so is not to bad, but by 7:00 that thing is putting out so much smoke that poor Bruce is gagging like the night I met him! We tried sleeping in the basement, but the smoke seems to "settle" in Our home.
We tried to talk to them, but they just spewed some "Orientation jokes" at us. They just moved in January and started up within 2 weeks (renters).
We sent a letter to the landlord with no response. I talked to the police (in person) and they are not taking it serious.
I have a friend who is a Battalion Chief at a local fire station, He said as long as it did not pose a saftey risk, nothing they could do !!????
Is not the smoke a danger to Bruce and I !!!!!
How can there be a "noise ordanance" but nothing can be done about Our home filling with smoke ?? This is crazy !!
Has anyone succesfully stopped a "Smokey Neighbor" ??
If they have please share how ???

Thank You,
Oliver

The only part I fit is the Neanderthal part.
I know nothing. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Uhm... I hope Ollie and Bruce work things out with their neighbors!

Hogwildz said:

I'm just glad I was able to preserve Oliver and Bruce's dilemma for all of us to read before it gets deleted from BullchitIssues.org :)

I'm still laughing out load every time I read it!

Hogwildz said:

Can you smile for the camera????? :cheese:

I want to know why Bruce was gagging the night Ollie met him. OH, er... maybe I don't..... :coolcheese:

Hey,
You guys gotta stop the hearth.com links over there, or they are going find us.

The future of humanity?

That's a sobering thought to ponder on. Almost looks like the opening to a mudbrick home behind him.

What a Homo erectus, so primitive. At least us Neanderthals brought you the wheel & fire sheesh :)
My cave is rock, not that shoddy mud brick!
If he grew more hair & fur, he wouldn't need so much hot water, or a bath for that much ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.