Ohio Steel Fabricators “Ohioan” - I think?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sixsouthwest

May 3, 2019
Traverse City, MI
EF3BAF2E-2D21-40FA-AB5B-4F3579075C70.jpeg 3195DE17-84D4-4AB9-B7FB-067E7851A28F.jpeg 0A1D49C0-F87A-485B-95AD-D15071C17AEB.jpeg EC7E4851-ADD8-49D1-A95F-0800E9D4C2DC.jpeg
Hello all. I just picked up this little fella for my pole barn workshop. It has a ID tag (see pics), however I can’t seem to find anything about it on the web. I’d like to replace a couple of parts, but I’m coming up short on info. I’d greatly appreciate any feedback on how I might find resources about this stove. Thank you much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nashua air dampers and similar cursive writing seems they are related.
Any parts needed would be self fabricated. Most are easy to make.
Woodman's has generic parts such as handles and gasket material.

Does it have a baffle? firebrick?

Is there a reason, other than perhaps loading, these drum type stoves never caught on? I have also seen a drum design from Vermont, from the same contest that spawned the VC Defiant, but they went out of business long ago. Allegedly the design was quite efficient

There have been several products based on drum design. The Orley made a couple models that were popular out west. There are still a lot of them on that show up on Craigslist. More recently the Bullerjan and Elm stoves were drum stove examples.

Non-traditional looks, small window, and high clearances are reasons they didn't sell that well. High emissions didn't help.

There have been several products based on drum design. The Orley made a couple models that were popular out west. There are still a lot of them on that show up on Craigslist. More recently the Bullerjan and Elm stoves were drum stove examples.

Non-traditional looks, small window, and high clearances are reasons they didn't sell that well. High emissions didn't help.
The Elm was the stove I was thinking of. It was supposed to be pretty clean burning, but that was in the 70's. Those Orley stoves are pretty wild looking! I guess the round form factor for whatever reason doesn't lend itself to efficiency or clean burning

The Bullerjan is the wildest looking. Looks like it belongs on a dragstrip.

bullerjan.jpg

Reactions: Osage and SpaceBus
Great info everyone, thank you. After checking, it does have firebrick on the bottom.

Attachments

• 1F146E04-AB32-4960-8B8F-DCECF58BD2C8.jpeg
    1F146E04-AB32-4960-8B8F-DCECF58BD2C8.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 208
  • C324528C-7C59-4BB9-933C-0EC76DC14CF8.jpeg
    C324528C-7C59-4BB9-933C-0EC76DC14CF8.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 196