Oak vs Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bspring

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Greenville, SC
The charts show that there is a small BTU difference between white and red oak. Can anyone tell me where Water Oak and Willow Oak fit in?

In my book "The New Woodburners Handbook " they list Willow Oak at 29.6 mill BTU/per cord and Water Oak is at 27. They are both in the Red Oak family. This table is for 12% moisture content wood. Some others, Southern red 25.3, White is 29.1, and Live Oak is a whopping 37.7. Many tables out there to compare, but all Oaks are great firewood.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I was not able to find a table that listed them. I will also have to look into the handbook you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.