OAK. Is it worth it in my case?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
I have used free standing Osburn 2400 . I'm planning on installing it in my walk out basement . It has big masonry fireplace and stove is going there. I'll use it for karaoke and drinking nights . It's away from above ground wall and run will be really long. Do I want to go trough the hassle if will be using stove dozen times over the winter.

P.S. There is a big masonry chimney , but I understand you can't install OAK along with your liner. Right?

I have used free standing Osburn 2400 . I'm planning on installing it in my walk out basement . It has big masonry fireplace and stove is going there. I'll use it for karaoke and drinking nights . It's away from above ground wall and run will be really long. Do I want to go trough the hassle if will be using stove dozen times over the winter.

P.S. There is a big masonry chimney , but I understand you can't install OAK along with your liner. Right?
If the stove needs it to operate properly yes. If it doesnt probably not

If the stove needs it to operate properly yes. If it doesnt probably not
Can I install OAK along with liner trough the chimney?

An OAK cant be routed in elevation above where it enters the stove, unless it is a passive connection. It must be level or lower. Stove could reverse draft and blow flue gas out of it. If only a few times a year, maybe just crack the door or window a tiny bit in the basement when burning....and drinking.....and singing......