now what I really wanna ask. older garage remotes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
Bought sev more garage door remotes recently while they ae still available...The opener was here when we moved in and it has the "orange" learn button. prob installed in 2004 or so.
well when I reprogram each remote separately for each door it seem to deactivate the ones I did the day or days before Now the handheld remotes have " 3 buttons on each hand held uni. we have TWO DOORS.Is there a way to avoid this. cause right now we have 3 vehicles to sore o use the remotes. prev I kept a remote closely with me. Plus one in the kitchen drawer. Its a detached far away sort of garage
I can't see where it says in the original owner manual for the OPENER about how many remotes can be programmed.
its a pain in the butt to drag a ladder and climb up and reprogram the remotes on both side of the big garage. for each door. DUH
and I don't want NO SMART OPENERS. like the dumb ones. I even dislike the automatic light coming on evertytime I go in and out the garage doors during the daytime. It { the owners manual) does address that part anyway
thanks y'all

Bought sev more garage door remotes recently while they ae still available...The opener was here when we moved in and it has the "orange" learn button. prob installed in 2004 or so.
well when I reprogram each remote separately for each door it seem to deactivate the ones I did the day or days before Now the handheld remotes have " 3 buttons on each hand held uni. we have TWO DOORS.Is there a way to avoid this. cause right now we have 3 vehicles to sore o use the remotes. prev I kept a remote closely with me. Plus one in the kitchen drawer. Its a detached far away sort of garage
I can't see where it says in the original owner manual for the OPENER about how many remotes can be programmed.
its a pain in the butt to drag a ladder and climb up and reprogram the remotes on both side of the big garage. for each door. DUH
and I don't want NO SMART OPENERS. like the dumb ones. I even dislike the automatic light coming on evertytime I go in and out the garage doors during the daytime. It { the owners manual) does address that part anyway
thanks y'all
It might help to know what brand the door opener is (not the remote). Usually there are two slightly different programming procedures, one to add a second or third remote, another that first erases all previous remotes (if say for a totally random example, you left the remote on your car roof and drove off...ahem).
I doubt that any major opener brand has a limit of only one remote. I've got the cheapest possible Sears model from about 2000, and I have five remotes currently setup for that.

TE

It might help to know what brand the door opener is (not the remote). Usually there are two slightly different programming procedures, one to add a second or third remote, another that first erases all previous remotes (if say for a totally random example, you left the remote on your car roof and drove off...ahem).
I doubt that any major opener brand has a limit of only one remote. I've got the cheapest possible Sears model from about 2000, and I have five remotes currently setup for that.

TE
ITS a Liftmaster Maybe I held the button too log. But gettting sick of dragging the big step ladder to reproram the things. Two diff doors and sep openers on one BIG garage Thanks y'all

ITS a Liftmaster Maybe I held the button too log. But getting sick of dragging the big step ladder to reprogram the things. Two diff doors and sep openers on one BIG garage Thanks y'all