Not sure what this guy is thinking…

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
Saw this on FB marketplace, all I can say is WTF

Not sure what this guy is thinking… Not sure what this guy is thinking…

Next year he'll build a whole new home!

Now if that fire was not burning I would just think that someone just threw everything in there to possibly get rid of it or move it in the future---but its actually burning--wow--that's stupidity..Hard to believe this is true but look at that fire stove burn wood---terrible...clancey

Reactions: D8Chumley
think he's just trying to dry it a bit longer...

think he's just trying to dry it a bit longer...

Correct. But in an unsafe way. There are clearance requirements to combustibles for any stove. Suffice to say the wood is a combustible, and I've never heard of clearances of less.than 1/20"...

Not sure what this guy is thinking…

Correct. But in an unsafe way. There are clearance requirements to combustibles for any stove. Suffice to say the wood is a combustible, and I've never heard of clearances of less.than 1/20"...
certainly.
i was being Wisconsin sarcastic.

New terminology to me... I'll try to remember that. :cool:

• Love
Reactions: JamesGuido
Saw this on FB marketplace, all I can say is WTF
Clearly this was a brilliant FB marketplace post. He knew that we would all react and then someone would buy the stove to save him from himself. It was incredible reverse psychology! 😁;)

Many years ago, my wife and I planned to fly to Phoenix in February for her birthday. Long story short, we got to the airport too close to takeoff and they wouldn't let us board. Dejected we then salvaged the trip by heading up to the cabin. It was one of those -40 degree weekends with highs in the -25 range. It also happened that I did not do a good job of anticipating wood needs the prior year. All of the wood was still a little green and we need to burn wood like crazy to keep the place warm. I went out and split wood into smaller and smaller pieces and we stacked them vertically around the stove to get a little extra drying before going in....albeit a safer distance than the pictures above. I've never forgotten the 120 degree temperature swing between Phoenix and northern MN that weekend. I always have a good wood supply now.

He’s got an A frame and wire fence heat shield. Should be just fine.

Perhaps a bit more reasonable indoor kiln set up? Picked up some curbside trash wood that’s pretty much soaked.

D60CD4C0-EC15-4414-877E-8D312C228D11.jpeg