Not getting heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ameo7147

Jan 18, 2020
Rhode Island
I have an Englander stove and no matter what setting I have it on, the blower speed doesnt seem to change. It also makes an aweful squealing noise when it first starts up.

While I'm not familiar with Englander stoves, I have been a pellet stove owner/user for eight years. If you've got a good active flame and little heat I would suspect the convection blower. You said it's squealing. I'm willing to bet it's not coming up to speed. I believe they are 110v fans. You might want to try removing it, check to see that it spins freely and then put some voltage to it. Not sure if the bearings are sealed or not. Maybe a few drops of oil would help. Good luck. There are a lot of Englander owners out there. Hopefully somebody will chime in soon.

Reactions: Ssyko
AMEO, what englander do you have? What year of manufacture? I have a 2016 PDV and don't notice a change in noise of the convection (room air) fan when I make changes either. This is normal. I think I read that the fan runs at 70% all the time and your adjustment is only controlling the last 30% or something like that... The squeal is concerning tho. Take it out and give it a good cleaning and lube.
A clean stove is a happy stove.

Oh, if your not building heat, that is a whole nother issue. need more info please. Take a pic of your control board so we can see it and know what we are dealing with.