Northern Comfort woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Metalmantma

Mar 6, 2019
Vermont
Has anyone out there heard of or seen a northern exposure woodstove? It looks like a grandpa bear, grandma bear or timberline double door stove? It's at least 40 yrs old.

There are lots of old shops that were forced to close with EPA regulations. It might have been a local shop.

This is the insert version
c912f9163b6dc0f2f94c5cac8206aad1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I had the name wrong, so Jan can you provide any info on that company? The woodstove I am asking about has been in my Aunts basement since the 80s.

Northern Exposure had me up in Alaska with that quirky, fun show. I changed the title to Northern Comfort.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
hahaha, northern exposure, I remember that show too, that's probably why I messed up the name of the stove, when I think alsaka I think cold and for i think stove. Anyway I am a fisher,all nighter and timberline lover and I just recently picked up a small single door timberline
Screenshot_2019-04-19-20-34-11-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another Fisher copy. It will be pretty much the same as a comfortable Fisher. Durable and able to crank out tons of BTUs but not efficient or clean burning at all

Yes it looks like a fisher door on a timberline body. Sides are wavy from over fire but will make a great deer camp All night burner. Beats the tiny very leaky boxwood woodstove we have up there, that one had to be filled every 2 to 3 hrs. No joke I haven't gotten much sleep during deer season because of that woodstove.

Beats the tiny very leaky boxwood woodstove we have up there, that one had to be filled every 2 to 3 hrs.
Yes, almost anything is better and safer as long as the flue and clearance requirements are honored.