North country soft wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Anybody know if these are good heating pellets. Are they worth the money? Good heat? Thanks
Burn them a couple years ago. They were very good, lots of heat, but did have a lot of fines in the bag. Not a biggie since they burn up anyway.

I burned the North Country's last year. IMHO Overrated & Overpriced! Smallest pellet I ever saw. Decent heat, above average ash. I paid $300 a ton and would not purchase again. This year using Dry Creeks. less money, same heat , lower ash!

Agree. Big bucks. Lots of ash. Like the good heat though. Not used to it. Been using Fireside Ultra last few years with nothing to compare it to re heat. Going to look around for Dry Creeks. Thanks

North Country Softwood (100% Spruce) are excellent wood pellets. They throw serious heat with very little ash. Sister company to Spruce Point and La Crete, wood pellets sourced from Alberta Canada. At a price of $249 per ton ($4.98 per bag) North Country Pellets are 10 times better than the low heat / heavy ash garbage pellets the big box stores are selling like Green Supreme, Stove Chow, or Fireside Ultra.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
Anybody know if these are good heating pellets. Are they worth the money? Good heat? Thanks
Over priced, very small pellet, bad bags, far better for less!

North Country's here are at $5 a bag..
Cheaper than Green Supremes, and in 'my' opinion,
are much better... Bags are not the best, will give you that.
But I don't burn the bags....

Dan

Reactions: Tonyray
I agree. I wouldn't even attempt to burn Green Supremes in my stove!

Took a shot and picked up a few bags
Of green Supremes Appalachian Hardwoods. just for the heck of it. I'm a softwood snob but sometimes I Stray. Lot of Ash but soft and fluffy. Have burned far worse. Was about 40 _50 degrees less than the softwoods I burn.

Dont ever burn Heaters from Az
They also have I think 2 sister companys that sell horriable pellets
This is why
Less heat
More ash
More money (RipOff)
Damage to stoves
This company is FOREST ENERGY CORP
they are not Green and rapeing our forests and us are their main goals
This Company is pure Greed

Any product that has Forest Energy Corp trademark is not a decent pellets
Heaters are the worst and very pricey
I feel so bad for people who are forced to use these products
They also supply to Gov aid programs
That give them Top dollar for this horriable product
Low income familys Seniors Citizens and disabled Vets etc are forced to use this product
Because other companys dont want to deal with it
Its a shame they are getting top dolloar ripping off the Gov and these other unfortunate persons that have no other source of heat 375 / 425 a ton del.
Please Please Boycott Heaters
Save your self the headaches of buying this low grade pellet
So many other Great pellet companys out there
That are less per bag and less ash and More heat
I know i have experienced with them
I am from Az and am ashamed to live in the same State as Heaters
And I am so sorry that so many people are getting ripped off
I am ashamed of this companys Greed
And lies
Lingetics and Walmart s Pennington brand are good also one in Tractor Supply has a nice one all under 5 bucks before tax
Heaters start over 5 bucks and in some stores are over 7 bucks Ace Hard ware

Just say no to Heaters
New pellet stove owners Lisiten to these people here ..
Hard wood is a bit to hot for where i live and to much money for me
Some mixed woods are just fine and soft woods are also fine ,
It depends on how big your house is
How much heat loss
Kids ? Budget ??
How hot you want to have it
I lose money with With Heater Pellets
Plus in a snow storm 20 deg youll have to shut down unit to clean ash every 4 days
I do and i run on lowest settings
Other pellets i can wait a week 1/ 2 half longer and my lil house stays at 65
With Heaters its never above 57
And drops lower when colder out side
Peace to all

Boycott Heater Pellets
Greed and raping our forests are not their first agenda Quiality and health of our forests should come first .

IF any one is on Gov assitinance and are forced to use Heaters Please write to your local Programs to help change this
Getting extremely rich off of Less fortunate people and not making any effort in making a better product is wrong
Thank You