Nordik Heat Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Clarkbug

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 20, 2010
Upstate NY
Has anyone ever heard of or used Nordik Heat pellets?

A local hardware store near me is selling them at a little over $300 for a metric ton, so 60 bags per pallet instead of 50.

I cannot find any information on them online, and the info on the bag is pretty generic. Says made in Canada, 100% hardwood, and the barcode scan gets me nowhere.

I bought a couple bags and will try them out once my hopper gets empty. Have used Vermont Softies for the past few years and that has probably spoiled me, but they are going to be pushing over $100/ton more for me this year.

Curious if anyone knows anything about these Nordiks good or bad before I end up with a lot of them....

What is the bar code? If it is 776636407000 (which I got from a picture off the internet" then PWI Industries makes them. They are a sawdust company that also makes Logik-e pellets.

[Hearth.com] Nordik Heat Pellets?

They don't even mention wood pellets on their site, which means they are probably rebranded Logik-e pellets

So, going over to the Logik-e site, here is what they say

I know, that doesn't help you in understanding how they will burn.

From following forums, either people's stove/set up loves hardwoods or hates hardwoods. Hopefully yours is the former :)

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Nordik Heat Pellets?
    1729235856008.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
Here are some photos of what I picked up.

You are right that the barcode matches, no idea why I got nothing when I tried to run it, but thanks for finding that out! I'm glad to hear they are at least from the same maker as a known brand for pellets.

My stove seems to like the softwoods better, but only because of the goofy temp controls. It seems to ramp down well with the softies but has a hard time doing it with hardwoods. Maybe these will be different.

I'm going to try a bag out as soon as my current hopper load is empty. The cost savings is pretty significant if they are not a huge pain to burn.

Reactions: bogieb