NooB Thermostat install Q for Winslow Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bimmerkjrm3

Hearth Supporter
Nov 26, 2008
Eastern CT
I'm trying to hook up a thermostat to my Lennox Winslow stove. I Purchased a Hunter programable T-stat and it does not seem to control the stove. The directions are vague at best in how the wires should connect to the control block on the stove? At the T-stat I have the red wire going to the RH and the white wire going to the B/W. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Karl

Did you remove the jumper???? I think the hunter requires batteries as well. Remember, a thermostat is nothing more than an on/off swtich. Good luck and let us know if you solve the problem and how you did it.

Thermostat installation
The Winslow PS40 stove can be operated manually or by thermostat. The
stove comes from the factory wired to operate manually - see control
board operation on the following page. A low voltage thermostat can be
installed on the stove. To install the thermostat:
1) Unplug the stove from the electrical outlet. Open the right side door
and lift out the control board from its retaining brackets. Locate the
light green wiring block at the bottom back of the board (see Figure
21), loosen the two screws B at the back of the block and remove the
U shaped jumper wire A protruding from the block.
2) Insert a wire from the thermostat into one of the slots from which
the jumper wire was removed. Repeat this process for the other
thermostat wire.

Yes I removed the jumper, and the Hunter requires batteries. I just assume there is a positive and negative side to allow proper control of the stove? After running it for about 1 hr I didn't see the stove go into shutdown mode like the manual states, and the room temp was well above what was set on the t-stat.

Does the Hunter have an R and W hookup? Know my digital Tstats I use for the two zones in my house have both the R and W and the RH. I used the R and W and its working

pretty sure I got it working... I guess I expected more from the thermostat control than I should have thanks for the replies.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.