No Power

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

denneg

Jan 10, 2018
Massachusetts
Hello,

We have a Pleasant Hearth Pellet Stove (PH35PS) that we are using for the third year. The cotter pin broke (also happened last year) so we replaced the pin, but the entire auger/motor didn't appear to be working correctly - it was as if the pin was hitting something as it turned. The feed motor didn't line up correctly with the auger when we were trying to get the pin in, so it took some maneuvering. Long story short, after running it for a bit with some loud clanging, the entire thing shut down. Now there is no power to the stove at all - when it's plugged into a working outlet, there are no lights flashing and nothing happens when we turn it on. I've called around, and no local repair people seem to work with Pleasant Hearth stoves, so I'm wondering if anyone here can offer advice? Should we try to repair the feed motor? And a fuse or control board? I don't know what would be causing it to have no power.

My husband is fairly mechanically minded and thinks he could fix it if we know what the problem is. I'm ready to junk it and buy a new one. So any help would be much appreciated - either advice as to what we can try, or a repairman on the Mass south shore who could do it for us!