News Headline

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are smokey OWB's that are being banned. Any blame for this is brought on by themselves. People are still buying these dragons because they don't care what other people breath. What I personally would like to see is people that are poluting their neighbors air are given 1 warning. After that a crane truck drives up & takes the boiler to be cut up for scrap. You see, I don't care either, Randy

my first reaction was to have some sympathy for dealers who might get stuck with some old inventory. Then I clicked on the link for the article and there on the right hand side of the page was a huge ad for an outdoor wood boiler claiming 97% efficiency. F@#$k 'em.

Tarm Sales Guy said:
"my first reaction was to have some sympathy for dealers who might get stuck with some old inventory."

Are you sure about that? I bet you have to search long & hard to find an OWB dealer who feels the same about the customers/suckers they sold these things to, or the warranty claims they denied after the sale; for things they knew would fail before the sale. There just has to be a special place in hell for people like that. After all they certainly earned it through their deeds.

"Then I clicked on the link for the article and there on the right hand side of the page was a huge ad for an outdoor wood boiler claiming 97% efficiency."

What only 97%. Were'nt they at 99% only a few years ago. At this rate in about 30 years they will have fallen all the way down into the range of the best gassifiers on the market, yes a mere 80 ish %. My how the mighty have fallen. Guess they found the edge of the slippery slope, too bad they spent so much time greasing that slope with their own BS. Here is hoping that there is a bottomless pit at the bottom of that slippery slope so once they are gone they can never come back.

"F@#$k" 'em.

Yes agreed, all but 6, save them for......well you know what . After that's done, then yes absolutely, them too.

The 18 foot stack height .....It baffles me what the people making these rules think this is going to do. Have they never seen one of these things in operation?

No, they have never seen one of them in operation. They don't even know what end of a maul to use. They are do gooders that need to make themselves feel important. I don't know why they just don't sell what's left and go with a gasser from then on. If a guy puts in a dragon and enough complain the owner shuts it down or burns it cleaner. If no one complains , oh well.

18' would be nearly impossible to heat to 400*f to prevent creosote. Certainly heating that long of a chimney has got to rob the efficiency rating. IMHO anyone who don't think the sellers are pushing a hype the buyers don't know probably thinks they all deserve what they get...sigh... That's right chew 'em up that way there is less room between us and the aggressor gut if we ain't perfect don't worry... they think they are.

BeGreen said:
Yes, BG. The one person says he has no idea how this will be controlled. My neighbor had no idea how I would controll him parking on my property with his cars & trailor.... untill I had them tow his car away. Now he understands a little respect for someone else, because their are consequences. I have heard stories of families needing to move out of their houses temporarily because of fumes drifting into their houses, Randy

Congrats to all the states that are standing up for their rate payers & demanding that cleaner units be used. Hopefully it catches on north of 49 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.